The Monterey Peninsula
The Monterey Peninsula is one of the best known golfing destinations in the world!
All golfers are familiar with images of Pebble Beach from hosting the U.S. Open or The AT & T Pebble Beach Pro Am.
Travelling golfers aspire to play Pebble Beach at some stage in their lives- it is on everyone's bucket list.
The clifftop holes are stunning!
But whilst Pebble is the centrepiece, there is a lot more to The Monterey Peninsula..
Spyglass Hill in is only minutes away from Pebble Beach- an inland course designed by legendary architect Robert Trent Jones (Snr).
Spyglass Hill is regarded by many as one of America's top 100 courses.
The course begins with a bang with five gorgeous links holes in the dunes before heading up and down through the forest. It looks great and will challenge all golfers
The Links at Spanish Bay
A few minutes up the coast along 17 mile drive you will find the fabulous Links at Spanish Bay. The course moves between coastal dunes to typical Monterey forest and back. The accommodation at Spanish Bay is quite wonderful
Other courses available for green fee play in the area include:
- Poppy Hills GC, a Robert Trent Jones Jnr design routed through the beautiful Monterey forest.
- Pasatiempo GC, a liitle north of The Monterey Peninsula, the Alister MacKenzie course is available for green fee play
Private clubs on the Monterey Peninsula with limited access include:
- Cypress Point Club, in my opinion the best course on the planet!
- Monterey Peninsula Country Club, Shore Course (Mike Stranz design)
- Monterey Peninsula Country Club, Dunes Course (Tom Fazio design)
- The Preserve GC, a gorgeous Tom Fazio inland design
The Monterey Peninsula is an iconic golfing destination.
Monterey Peninsula Tour Itinerary
For a tailored tour for your group or news on our next hosted tour, please enquire here:
For further details about each course please see the course reports by clicking the hyperlink:
Monterey Peninsula CC- Dunes Course
Poppy Hills GC
The Preserve at St Lucia