Andermatt Golf Club is owned by Andermatt Realp and is located a short walk from the lovely village of Andermatt.
The course was designed by Kurt Rossknecht in 2016
The PGA Championships were held at Andermatt that same year.
Andermatt Realp GC is nearby- 8kms away at the foot of the Furka Pass.
Andermatt is surrounded by mountains, so one expects significant elevation change in the course.
Whilst there are certainly some quirky mountain goat holes, the bulk of the course is rather flattish on the valley floor.
There are some lovely water holes, and a number of links like holes as well as those unique holes in the hills.
Notable holes include:
- hole 2, a gracefully shaped par 5 that eases you into the round
- hole 3, a compelling and unique short uphill par 4
- hole 4, another interesting slightly longer, but steeply downhill short par using the natural contours..
- hole 9, a pretty par 3 over marshland to a green well protected by bunkers and water
- hole 13, a beautiful dropshot par 3
Andermatt GC is located just a short walk from the lovely village of Andermatt itself.
And only 8kms from the quirkyAndermatt Realp GC and the foot of the Furka pass.
It is a beautiful part of the world.
Stay a few days and explore.
Experience the Glacier Express or drive the Furka Pass.
Whatever you do, make sure you bring the clubs!
The Travelling Golfer can tailor a golf trip to suit your group.
For suggested destinations see: Golf Destinations- Switzerland
For further information on a tailored golf trip please enquire here: