It is claimed that Andermatt Realp GC is 'the most alpine course in the world'.
The course opened in 1997, and is located at the foot of the famous Furka pass.
It will be no surprise to you to know that it exhibits significant elevation change throughout the nine holes.
It is not a long course, meauring up to only 3684 metres for the two loops of nine holes (acounting for different tees on the back nine).
You need to be fit to walk this course, and for some carts will be mandatory!
It is a different kind of golf course, but quite exhilirating to play.
The dropshot par 3's on holes 7 & 9 are great fun and the unique par 4 eighth hole is a standout.
Notable holes include:
- hole 1, a brilliant short dogleg par 4 opening hole. It grabs your attention straight away. The setting is extraordinary!!
- hole 2, a dramatic 100 metre hole to a green on the rocks
- hole 7, another short downhill par 3 with the whole world as a backdrop
- hole 8, a short par 4 from a high tee down into the valley and back up again to a green on a ledge. Great hole!
- hole 9, a mid length downhill par 3 with a tee shot from so high up you will need to take oxygen when you head up to the tee.
Andermatt Realp GC is only 8 km from Andermatt GC and the lovely village of Andermatt itself.
It is a beautiful part of the world.
Stay a few days and explore.
Experience the Glacier Express or drive the Furka Pass.
Whatever you do, make sure you bring the clubs!
The Travelling Golfer can tailor a golf trip to suit your group.
For suggested destinations see: Golf Destinations- Switzerland
For further information on a tailored golf trip please enquire here: