Pambula Merimbula GC
Pambula-Merimbula Golf Club was formed in 1965
Initially the club had 52 acres on which to build a clubhouse and golf course.
A small timber clubhouse and nine holes with sand greens course was completed by volunteer labour the following year with the first competition held on 15th May.
From these humble beginnings the club developed into a 27 hole course with a large modern clubhouse which is currently listed in the Top 100 Public Access Courses in Australia.
Over the years the club has hosted a number of interstate team events between New South Wales and Victoria and between the years 2003– 2006 was the home of the New South Wales PGA Championship sponsored by Bega Cheese.
Pambula-Merimbula Golf Club sits uniquely in a pristine local environment surrounded by natural bushland, Merimbula Lake and the Pacific Ocean beaches.
Playing the course is a real wildlife experience.
You’ll play golf among the kangaroos all year round, be greeted by the calls of many different bird species, and over summer, you may even get a glimpse of a goanna crossing the course.
It is one of the most popular courses in regional NSW.
The club hosts over 50,000 rounds of golf each year. Approximately 30,000 of those are visitors.
Each nine has its individual character and challenges, adding to the appeal.
The greens are large and subtle, fairways are lush and well-maintained.
Notable holes include:
- hole 13, a sharp dogleg par 4 that is carved out of the forest, the fairway is the place to be on this hole!
- hole 15, a risk reward par 5 where with a good drive you can take on the lake and go for the green in two.
Pambula- Merimbula GC- hole 13
Pambula- Merimbula GC- hole 15
- hole 20, a nice long par 5. You always see a lot of kangaroos on this hole.
Pambula- Merimbula GC- hole 20
- hole 23, another nice par 5 carved out of the forest, with tall gum trees both sides of the fairway
- hole 25, a very tough dogleg right par 4. With a good long drive you can see around the corner to a very picturesque green complex.
Pambula- Merimbula GC- hole 23
Pambula- Merimbula GC- hole 25
Thanks to Greg Russell for photos and advice re this report
The Travelling Golfer can tailor a golf trip to suit your group.
For suggested destinations see Golf Destinations: The NSW South Coast
For further information on a tailored golf trip please enquire here: