Located on the coast south of Nha Trang airport in Vietnam, Nara Binh Tien GC was designed by Australian firm Golfplan and opened for play in 2021.
The golf course is at the centre of a massive development which is only just beginning.
The course itself is in tip top condition.
It is a resort course, but one with championship aspirations.
It is a course where the thinking golfer will plot their way around.
Water hazards abound early in the round, but later large boulders add character and strategy.
Throughout the course is well bunkered.
There are no weak holes on the course- some are shorter, but inevitably offer a risk/reward strategy- others are longer and more demanding.
The par 3, thirteenth hole is undoubtably ‘the signature hole’, with large well bunkered green located right on the beach.
But holes like the long 14th hole which travels through and around large boulders are in some ways equally compelling..
Notable holes include:
- Hole 1, a long par 4 with sandy wastelands on both side of the fairway as well an area to be carried in the middle of the hole.
- Hole 4 is a medium length par with water carry off the tee and water extending down the right of the fairway and behind the green. It’s not a good hole for those that hit a slice!
- Hole 5 is a longer par 3 to a peninsula green
- Hole 6 is a long par 5 which arcs around the water on it’s left
- Hole 10 is a par 4 around the water on its left, with water also crossing the fairway at driving length. Decisions need to be made!
- Hole 11, a long and interesting par 5 with water in play left, a water crossing mid hole and some lovely boulders complementing the green side bunkering
- Hole 12, a mid length par 4 with sand at every turn- both sandy waste areas and attractive splash bunkering dominate proceedings
- Hole 13, ‘the signature hole’ is a gorgeous par 3 right on the beach
- Hole 14, a strong par where clusters of boulders dominate the scene on approach
- Hole 15, a long par 5 where avoiding the boulders on approach is key.
- Hole 16, a long par 3 with a rocky creek running at a diagonal to be carried in approaching a well bunkered green
Nara Binh Tien is a quality course, and will only mature over the years ahead.
Travelling Golfers who visit the central coast in Vietnam will have a new favourite to look forward to..
Golfers can base themselves in Nha Trang and play KN Links, Vinpearl Nha Trang as well as Diamond Bay GC.
Add golf and sightseeing in Dalat and Quy Nhon for a more complete golfing exploration.
The Travelling Golfer can tailor a golf trip to suit your group.
For suggested destinations see:Golf Destinations- Vietnam
For further information on a tailored golf trip please enquire here: