Tamarina Golf Club was designed by the architect Rodney Wright, and opened for play in 2006.
Wright was responsible for a host of international course designs in Hawaii, Japan, China etc.
He also designed the Constance Belle Mare Plage Links Course in Mauritius.
Tamarina is a lovely course in a magic environment.
The golfing landscapes are overlooked by the majestic Rempart Mountain range on quite a number of holes and gives the course a unique atmosphere.
Combine that with the occasional view of the ocean and you have a memorable golfing experience.
And there are some special holes- certainly the par 5 fourth hole grabs your attention!
The tee shot through a narrow chute in the trees and over the Rempart river is pretty as a picture, but the split approach up and around a tree needs serious consideration!!
And the big drop par 3 thirteenth is a thrilling hole..
Notable holes include:
- hole 2 (Clarence), a strong handsome par 4 with the Rempart Mountain dominating the backdrop. (see pic top of page)
- hole 3 (Sugarfield), a par 5 with the same mountain landscapes and a well bunkered approach
- hole 5 (Yemen), a very interesting par 5 with a tee shot through a chute of trees and over marshland and a large tree splitting the approach lines..
- hole 7 (Le Rempart), the hardest hole on the course is a par 4, and is also overlooked by the Rempart Mountain. The approach here is key..
- hole 13 (Le Barachois), a massive dropshot hole from way up in the clouds to a green at river level. Spectacular! (see pic mid page)
- hole 17 (Le Mirador), another stunning par 3 over bunkers and water.
Tamarina is one of the better courses in Mauritius and should be included in all golfing itineraries.
The Travelling Golfer can tailor a golf trip to suit your group.
For suggested destinations see: Golf Destinations- Mauritius