Diamond Bay Golf Course near Nha Trang in Vietnam was designed by Andy Dye and opened for play in 2010.
The course occupies a small footprint- totalling 76 hectares.
Diamond Bay offers five teeing grounds ranging from the red tee at 5322 yards through to 7244 yards off the black tee.
The course is a times quite tight and given its length can be quite challenging.
Accuracy is all important with undulating fairways, water hazards, trees and bunkers all demanding a players attention..
But there are some spectacular holes, particularly the par 3’s with water carries..
Notable holes include:
- Hole 4, a long par 3 over water
- Hole 6, a mid length par with water in play left (see pic top of page)
- Hole 8, a long strong par 4 with sand encroaching on playing lines for both the tee shot and approach
- Hole 9, a long par 4 with water left
- Hole 12, a longish par 3 over water
Diamond Bay is a popular local course with no airs and graces.
Any golfer would hate to miss playing some of the ’signature holes’ at Diamond Bay, but if you do book in- take your “A” game..
The Travelling Golfer can tailor a golf trip to suit your group.
For suggested destinations see:Golf Destinations- Vietnam
For further information on a tailored golf trip please enquire here: