The Pronghorn Resort is located outside the bustling town of Bend in Central Oregon.
Named after the long horned antelope that range the property Pronghorn has a unique setting. This particular part of the high desert in Central Oregon has a vast lava base, and is home to the second biggest forest of Juniper trees in the world. Throw in a dry sandy base with sagebrush at every turn, and snow capped mountains as a backdrop- and you have a stunning location for outdoor activities, including golf, skiiing, bike riding and fishing.
Pronghorn opened in 2004 when Jack Nicklaus completed the appropriately named Nicklaus course. Two years later the Fazio course opened.
It is a handy combo!
The Nicklaus Course
Although there is not a lot of elevation change on the property Jack has maintained the interest and challenge with strategically placed bunkering dominating the lines of play.
The green contours are not excessive, but there are a number of pin positions throughout the round that can trap the unwary and leave little scope for error
The courses is beautifully manicured, and a joy to play, and has some all world holes which you just won't ever forget...
- the par 5 eighth hole with water running the length of the hole
- the undulating short par 4 twelfth hole, the start of a wonderful run of holes
- the short par 4 thirteenth hole around the lake with a ricky cliff and waterfall as background
- the par 3 fourteenth hole with snow capped mountain as a backdrop (seen top of page)
- the long and winding road of the par 5 fifteenth (seen mid page)
Pronghorn is a destination no keen golfer should miss. The Nicklaus course sets the scene with some memorable golf
The Travelling Golfer can tailor a golf trip to Central Oregon to suit your group. For itinerary suggestions see Destinations: Central Oregon, USA
For further information please enquire here: