Mollymook Golf Club is blessed with two courses
The Beachside course comprises nine holes overloooking Mollymook Beach and adjacent to the club's main facilities
Up on top of the hill within earshot of the surf beach The Hillside course is the club's golfing hub
The Hillside Course was designed by local Bill Andriske and opened for play in 1977
Hillside is a serious test of golf in a beautiful setting- in some golfing circles it is playfully dubbed "The Ultimate Challenge!".
The undulating site reminds one a little of Bonville or even perhaps that famous course in Georgia
The kikiyu faiways and bent grass greens are well manicured and a pleasure to play on
Fairways cut a swathe through a mature eucalypt forest, testing both the length and accuracy of every golfer
Some of the more interesting holes require the golfer to also negotiate water- there are 8 holes where water is in play!
Notable holes include:
- the tight dogleg par 4 second hole (see pic top of page)
- the par 5 sixth hole bending around the creek and then over reeds to a green set in a bend in the river. It is a very good hole
- the par 4 seventh is an impressive dogleg which requires a pretty decent tee shot- long enough to leave a clear approach over the creek and between trees to a long diagonal green
- the downhill dogleg par 4 tenth hole with water lapping at the edge of the green
- the longer par 4 eleventh hole with island tee shot and water protecting the right side of the green (not shown)
- the pretty par 3 twelfth hole with water again in play
- the par 5 thirteenth hole with water protecting the front of the green..
- the pretty par 3 seventeenth hole over water
Mollymook is a great test of golf and a pleasure to play
The Travelling Golfer can tailor a golf trip to suit your group.
For suggested destinations see Golf Destinations: The NSW South & Sapphire Coasts
For further information on a tailored golf trip please enquire here: