The Links Course was designed by Rodney Wright in partnership with Peter Alliss, and opened for play in 2002.
The Links course has a history of hosting the MCB tour championship pro am and a MCB invitational event, and will host the MCB Tour Championship in late 2023
Waking up to the sounds of the beach outside our window is so relaxing!
We really enjoyed staying at the Constance Belle Mare Plage hotel.
We eased our way into the day with a scrummy breakfast at the Constance's main eatery, then caught the shuttle to the Links Course.
The course has it's own character and was distinctly different to the sister course: The Legends.
All the early holes featured volcanic rock/lava- with pyramid shaped piles of rock acting as hazards of significance and dominating the holes visually.
But just when you think the course is getting a little samey a number of water holes take the stage..
The Links course complements the Legends course- it is shorter, and wider off the tee and more straight forward to play.
The greens however have a little more movement.
With the undulating terrain, tree lined fairways, piles of rock and quite a few significant water hazards, a round at The Links course is both fun and challenging.
Notable holes include:
- hole 2, a long and winding road par 5 featuring a massive pile of lava in front of the green
- hole 9, a mid length uphill par 3 to a split level green
- hole 11, a delightful short downhill par 3 to a green surrounded by water
- hole 13 a lovely hole with the tee shot through some impressive mature trees, and a challenging approach over water
- hole 14, a shortish par 3 to a green protruding into the lake
- hole 17, a short par 4 over a crater to a tricky raised green
- hole 18, perhaps the prettiest hole on the course- a dogleg par 4 with an approach through the trees and over the water to a green overlooked by an old castle tower (see pic top of page)
With two world class golf courses and wonderful accommodation Constance Belle Mare Plage is the perfect place for a golfing getaway.
The Travelling Golfer can tailor a golf trip to suit your group.
For suggested destinations see: Golf Destinations- Mauritius
For further information on a tailored golf trip please enquire here: