KN Golf Links was designed by Australian Greg Norman and opened for play in 2018.
It is Mr Norman’s third signature course in Vietnam
Heather and I played KN Links on a warm sunny day in April.
A light breeze ensured the temperature was bearable, but made the golf a little more testing- it really was a perfect day for golf.
KN Links is set in a huge sandy dunescape with the sea a little distant in the background.
In time the site will look quite different as large housing estate is being developed through and around the course.
But for the moment it is just a wild and dramatic golfing canvass.
The course is beautifully bunkered with a combination of large sandy waste areas and morerefined Sandbelt like bunkers protecting the greens.
The front nine in particular features a number of holes around the lakes- the golfer needs to carry water at times and choose how much to take on.
At other times the water borders the fairway on one side.
The strategies are clear- play wide of the water and you are likely to find your approach is a little more difficult..
There is ample width on all fairways for even the more wayward golfer.
However the more astute and capable player will play to be position and be rewarded with a simpler approach.
Overall KN links presents as a very fair course with 5 sets of tees providing for both the casual golfer and the professional.
The forward tees measure 5491 yards, while the back markers play from 7165 yards.
Notable holes include:
- Hole 2, a longer par 3 over a water area to a green set in the dunes
- hole 4, a medium length par 3 to a green perched on the edge of a lake
- Hole 5, an attractive longer par 4 which demands a significant carry over water off the tee, and a long accurate approach
- Hole 6, a picturesque par 5 along the lake (see pic top of page)
- Hole 9, a long and challenging par 4 to a raised green
- Hole 10, an attractive and forgiving downhill par 4
- Hole 18, a shorter dog leg par finish
KN Links is undoubtably one of the better courses in Vietnam, and rivals other Norman courses The Bluffs and BRG Danang’s Norman course amongst the top 5 in the country.
The Travelling Golfer can tailor a golf trip to suit your group.
For suggested destinations see:Golf Destinations- Vietnam
For further information on a tailored golf trip please enquire here: