Tura Beach is a housing development on the coast just north of Merimbula in NSW.
Included in the masterplan was The Tura Beach Golf Club designed by Peter Thomson and Michael Wolveridge and which opened for play in 1982
Tura Beach occupies a hilly site with occasional views of the sea.
Gum trees frame the fairways, and as you would expect from a Thomson Wolveridge course, the bunkering is strategic and challenging
Despite the undulating site, the course is quite walkable.
But with balmy warm weather, carts are popular here!
The standout holes are holes 4 & 5 in the sand dunes right on the beach- if only there was more land like this available to the course!
Nevertheless Thomson & Wolveridge have crafted a course with admirable variety given the site.
Holes head across, up and down the slopes providing a stiff test for all level of golfer
Tura Beach is well maintained throughout the year and welcomes visitors
Notable holes include:
- hole 2, a downhill par 5 with water surrounding the green
- hole 4, a par 5 playing parallel to the beach
- hole 5, a long par 3 across a pond
- hole 9, a mid length par 3 with a long narrow green
- hole 14, a strong par 4 played down off the tee and the up to the green
- hole 18, a shorter par 5 finish where the emphasis is on holding the sloping fairway to allow a crack at the green..
Tura Beach is a challenging course, and popular with both locals and visitors.
Green fee players should book ahead because the course does get busy!
The Travelling Golfer can tailor a golf trip to suit your group.
For suggested destinations see Golf Destinations: The NSW South & Sapphire Coasts
For further information on a tailored golf trip please enquire here: