Verdura Resort in Sicily is one of the leading golf resorts in Europe.
Located right on the coast in Sicily's south west, the resort features two championship courses designed by legendary architect Kyle Phillips of Kingsbarns fame.
It also boasts a nine hole par 3 course.
The East Course has been designed to both host tournaments and resort guests- and works surprisingly well.
In the wind off the back tees the course will challenge the very best- yet off an appropriate forward tee a social golfer can enjoy an interesting and enjoyable day.
The East course features a number of tree lined fairways, but has many links like characteristics.
Notable holes include:
- hole 4, a dangerous par 5 with water in play along the left perimiter of the fairway and then across in front of the green
- hole 5, a challenging par 4 rising to a green by the sea
- hole 6, a longer par 3 with a water carry, and sea backdrop
- hole 7, a pretty par 3 with water in play off the tee
- hole 13, a gorgeous short par with ocean backdrop (see pic top of page)
The Travelling Golfer can tailor a golf trip to suit your group.
For suggested destinations see: Golf Destinations- Sicily
For further information on a tailored golf trip please enquire here: