Yowani Country Club is located just minutes from Canberra's CBD.
Designed by James Heard Scott in 1954, Yowani has been under constant development ever since.
The course meanders around a couple of lakes, and features gentle undulating, tree-lined fairways.
It is a flat course and an easy walk.
The understated greens blend well into the course surrounds, but it is the trees that dominate play throughout the round
While most of the holes are reasonably straight, there are a couple of testing doglegs at Yowani, including the demanding par- four 2nd hole, which turns at almost 90 degrees.
For me it is the water holes that are most memorable
The club’s renowned lakes first come into play on the delightful seventh hole, but then feature prominently on holes 11, 16 and 17.
I think these holes define Yowani.
Notable holes include:
- hole 6, a lovely downhill par 3 from an elevated tee
- hole 7, a shorter dogleg par 4 with water on the inside of the dogleg. A beautiful hole!(see also pic at top of page)
- hole 11, a risk reward short par 4 with water requiring a decision on line and length off the tee
- hole 16, a mid length par 3 over water
- hole 17, a short picturesque par 4 with water in play both off the tee and for the approach.
Canberra is a very good golfing destination with 5 quality courses and so much to see and do.
Any golfing trip to Canberra must include a game at Yowani CC.
The club also has 24 well appointed self contained units on site- a perfect base for a golfing trip.
The Travelling Golfer can tailor a golf trip to suit your group.
For suggested destinations see: Golf Destinations- A.C.T.
For further information on a tailored golf trip please enquire here: