The course at Anita Golf & Spa Resort was designed by Ernie Els to USGA standards, and opened for play in 2008
Anahita hosted The AfrAsia Golf Masters from 2010 to 2014.
In 2016 & 2018 Anahita hosted the AfrAsia Bank Mauritian Open.
The ‘official’ Travelling Golfer tour kicked off this morning with twenty keen golfers tackling the Anahita championship course.
It was a little breezy but generally warm and sunny.
The Anahita course was designed by Ernie Els and generally has wide welcoming fairways, and large fairway bunkers that were not to hard to avoid.
The course defence was all 'about the greens', which were generally a little raised and well defended by bunkers and sharp run offs.
There are some outstanding holes- holes 5, 12, 16, 17 & 18 touched the ocean and added some colour to the round.
The ninth hole stood out with a long burn winding down the middle of the hole.
Never seen that before!
The 14th hole had some similarities as it had a long rock wall bisecting the fairway.
The Travelling Golfers enjoyed playing Anahita, and were impressed with the meals, accommodation and services available at Anahita's associated hotel.
Notable holes include:
- hole 4 (Ocean Drive), a strong par 5 to a raised green protruding out into the ocean. A dramatic hole! (see pic top of page)
- hole 6 (Mystery Pond), a very challenging par 4 with fairway bunkers pushing the golfer right off the tee where they will need to carry a substantial 'hidden pond' to reach the green.
- hole 9 (Lazy Burn), an extraordinary short par with a large burn winding down the middle of the fairway. The green sits right on the burn so a player must decide which side of the burn to attack with their drive and hence the type of approach shot. Brilliant!
- hole 12 (Bougainvillea Quietude), a long and beautiful par 3
- hole 14 (Scottish Taste), a longer par 4 with stone walls bisecting the fairway
- hole 17 (Turquoise Lagoon), an outstanding shorter par 3 with ocean backdrop
Anahita is just a lovely place to play golf.
It is a quality golf course in a wonderful seaside settting.
And the associated Anahita Golf Resort & Spa is great place to stay
The Travelling Golfer can tailor a golf trip to suit your group.
For suggested destinations see: Golf Destinations- Mauritius
For further information on a tailored golf trip please enquire here: