Costa Navarino opened it's first course- The Dunes Course- in 2010.
The Bay Course was the second to open in 2011 and was designed by Robert Trent Jones Jnr.
In 2022 two further courses opened- The Olympic Course and The Hills- both being Jose Maria Olazabal designs
The Olympic Course was well received by our visiting group of Travelling Golfers, who found it a little less demanding than the Dunes Course.
Like the Dunes Course, Olympic was beautifully manicured and challenging without beingoverly difficult.
With some spectacular ocean views, Olympic wends its way through another garden like setting with native vegetation framing each hole.
There are some lovely holes, but the standout was the par 3 twelfth hole- a gorgeous shortish par 3 with sea views.
It’s only a short iron, but it’s all carry to a green exposed to the elements..
Notable holes include:
- hole 3, a strong par 4 rated the hardest hole. The long approach has to negotiate water left.
- hole 8, a pretty little downhill par 3 to a green set in the olive trees
- hole 10, a lovely par with a rocky creek to negotiate for the approach and striking sea views from the green
- hole 12, an 'all world' short par 3 with coastal views (see pic top of page)
- hole 16, another fabulous par 3 overlooking the sea
- hole 17, a long and demanding par 4 dog leg with rocky creek crossing the fairway short of the green that is hidden from view after the drive.
The Olympic Course is high end resort golf.
With some sea views and engaging course routing, the Olympic is the perfect place for a golfing getaway in the sun.
The Travelling Golfer can tailor a golf trip to suit your group.
For suggested destinations see: Golf Destinations- Greece
For further information on a tailored golf trip please enquire here: