Alpine Golf & Sporting Club
A Championship Course!
Alpine Golf & Sports Club is located in north eastern Bangkok perhaps an hour from the city central- although traffic congestion may vary commute times significantly.
Established in 1996, and designed by Ronald M Garl, Alpine GC is regarded as one of the best in Thailand.
Moreover it is known as a championship layout and hosted The Johnnie Walker Classic in 2000 and 2004.
Given that the original site was flat rice fields, Garl did a fine job.
The golf course is well established now.
The golfer is confronted with a combination of lush jungle type vegetation framing holes, dramatic splash bunkering catching the eye, and water in play at every turn.
To say the course is well maintained is perhaps an understatement.
The greens are seriously quick and true and fairways are like carpets.
It is just a nice place 'to be'...
Notable holes include:
- the par 4 first hole grabs your attention from the start with water on the right and bunkers and jungle to negotiate.
- the picturesque par 3 third hole has a water carry and large waste bunker to carry to reach the green
- the par 5 eighth hole with it's island green
- the short par 4 eleventh hole with it's island green (see pic top of page)
- the par 3 twelfth hole with water and waste bunkering
A successful game at Alpine requires a player to make good decisions and then be able to deliver...
The course is both strategic and penal..
The greens are quick enough to give advantage to those who can stay below the hole, and there are many risk/reward type holes where taking on the trouble succesfully can reward the player with birdie opportunities.
Alpine is a serious challenge, but thinking golfers will enjoy every moment.
The Travelling Golfer can tailor a golf trip to suit your group.
For further information on a tailored golf trip please enquire here: