The Kings Course at BRG Kings Island Golf Resortis one of three courses at Kings Island.
The other two courses are Lakeside, designed by American Bob McFarland in 1993, and Mountainview designed by Australian firm Pacific Coast Design in 2004.
The Kings Course was designed by Jack Nicklaus Design and opened in 2018.
The Resort at Kings Island is accessible by boat- water was in play already!
The Kings Course is a modern resort layout, and like all Nicklaus Courses exhibits a strong, but fairstrategic bent.
Fairways are wide, but nicely bunkered.
The course uses the natural terrain- water, rocks and trees frame the fairways and intrude into the playing areas requiring decisions on carry, line and length.
The routing heads off in different directions providing quite a variety of holes including some classic short par 4’s and some lovely par 3’s
Notable holes include:
- hole 6, a longish par 3 over water
- hole 7, a shorter par 4 with bunker and water in play for the approach
- hole 8, a long snaking par 5 where strategic bunkering and clusters of trees determine the lines of play
- hole 17, a long par 3 over water to a nicely bunkered green
- hole 18, a unique par 5 closing hole, with water right off the tee and a classic approach with water in play left, to a green set in front of giant boulders (see pic top of page).
- hole 19, the spare hole is the highlight of the day- it's a par 3 with an elevated tee in the boulders hitting to an island green. It's a fun finish!!