THE OPEN ROTA - GUIDED TRIP PLAYING ALL THE BRITISH OPEN COURSES
2nd - 17th August, 2018
15 nights/10 games of golf
Royal and Ancient St Andrews Old Course
Carnoustie Golf Links
The Honourable Company of Edinburgh Golfers Muirfield Links
The Open Courses have limited access through their busy summer period and bookings are scarce - so this opportunity is only available to groups of 7 to 11 golfers each year. Handicap limits apply to many of these courses.
*A non-refundable deposit will need to be paid up to a year in advance to secure tee times.
The Ultimate Golf Experience
This is the 'ultimate bucket list' golf trip for the passionate golfer. The tour begins in the south east of England at Sandwich Kent where we play Royal St Georges, host of 13 Open Championships. (There is an option here to arrive early and play Royal Cinque Ports and Princes.)
We then head north to Liverpool, birthplace of The Beatles, and spend 2 nights in the heart of Liverpool. We play Royal Birkdale (Host of 10 Opens, including 2017) and Royal Liverpool (host of 12 Opens). A short distance away is Royal Lytham & St Annes (host of 11 Opens) where we stay in the Dormy House, right on the course. We play golf at Royal Lytham and enjoy time in the historic clubhouse and Dormy House, mingling with the members.
A rest day is spent driving through the stunning Lakes District to Turnberry. Two nights are spent on the coast at Turnberry, playing the Turnberry Ailsa Course (host of 4 Opens) and Royal Troon (host of 9 Opens, including 2016). There is an option to play Prestwick, the club where the Open Championships originated. Prestwick hosted The Open 24 times, from 1860 to 1925.
We then travel to Edinburgh where there is time to do some sightseeing and visit Musselburgh GC, which hosted The Open 6 times between 1874-1889. We spend two nights in the charming seaside town of North Berwick and play everyone's favourite golf course North Berwick (Founded in 1832, it is one of the oldest in the world but has not hosted an Open) and Muirfield (host of 16 Opens).
Finally we arrive at St Andrews, the spiritual home of golf and play Carnoustie (host of 7 Opens and the host for 2018). The tour finishes with a game on the Old Course at St Andrews (Host of 29 Opens) and a farewell dinner. A perfect end to an amazing tour. (There is an option to stay on and play Kingsbarns). We can also customise your tour to suit your needs.
Your Travelling Golfer Host
Rory Wood, putting on the 18th green at St Andrews
Rory is the Manager of The Travelling Golfer and a 'plus' handicapper. He has a wealth of experience in all facets of golf and golf touring. With first hand knowledge of courses in the UK, he will ensure you get the most out of your time playing these iconic courses. This trip is guaranteed to be a wonderful golfing experience. Join Rory for a golfing trip of a lifetime.
Read what some of our past clients say about their experiences with The Travelling Golfer.
- 15 nights accommodation, includes top quality hotels and the Dormy House at Royal Lythams
- Breakfast daily
- 10 games of golf, Royal St Georges, Royal Liverpool, Royal Birkdale, Royal Lytham & St Annes, Turnbery, Royal Troon, North Berwick, Muirfield, Carnoustie and St Andrews Old Course
- Option available to also play golf at Royal Cinque Ports, Princes, Prestwick, Musselburgh and Kingsbarns
- Fully escorted tour with your Travelling Golfer Host Rory Wood with small group size for personal attention
- Daily and overall competition and prizes
- Commemorative tour shirt
- Farewell dinner
- Please Note: Airfares and hire car are not included in the package
*$8,499 AUD per person, twin share
- *Price is subject to currency fluctuations. Price based on 1AUD = 0.54 GBP.
- *Please Note: the price remains an estimate until 2018 prices are released, usually 12 months from the tour dates.
- Bookings are now open.
- An initial deposit of $1,950 is required to secure your place.
- See booking form for full terms and conditions.
Want to customise your experience? No problem, our experienced travel team can extend your stay and make other arrangements for you. Talk to us today and let us know how we can make the experience even better for you.